View Single Post
Old 07-16-2015, 06:23 AM
Diannia

I have bought several coloring books and both fine line markers and colored pencils. If the pages of the book are a bit heavier and only printed on 1 side then markers work great. It the pages are printed on both sides then get pencils otherwise the marker goes through to the backside just a bit. I have bought my makers online on Amazon and also in Target and Joanns. A couple of my favorite coloring books are:SecretGarden ( heavy pages…great for markers and they leave space on the pages toadd to their designs) and Creative Cats (paper is thinner so markers do bleedto the back but the backs are blank so nothing is ruined.I put a blank sheet of paper behind the pageI’m working, on just in case, and that also gives me a place to “try out” themarker color w/o messing up the page I’m working on…have I mentioned I’m a bitOCD about this?).I got both of thesebooks off Amazon.I have several otherbooks as well but am currently happy working on the Creative Cats one.

The markers I’ve bought are:PINKRISE MNM-01Colored Drawing Pen Fine Liner 0.4MM Sketch Drawing Pen, Point Paint MarkerPen,pack of 24 Assorted Colors from Amazon for about $20.My local Target had some that are basicallythe same but I can’t remember the name of them and I think they cost just alittle more than the ones from Amazon.Ipicked up some sets of markers that are for scrapbooking from Joann’s using my40-50% off coupons that have both fine tipped and brush tips and I’ve alsobought kids markers from Joanns and they work too but bleed a bit more.Hubby got me some fine tipped Sharpies but Ihaven’t opened the package yet.
I’mpretty sure I’ve told you more than you wanted to know, haha.
As youcan see I’ve invested a nice chunk of change in this new hobby of mine!Yes, I loved coloring as a child, yes I lovedcoloring w/my kids when they were little, yes I love coloring w/my grandkidsand YES I love coloring when I’m by myself!I had to make myself put them away for a while and get back tosewing/quilting…lol.