View Single Post
Old 07-17-2015, 02:06 PM
QuiltingHaven

Okay, I have two different experiences. 1st: a dear friend wanted a quilt for her daughter for a full bed. I took her shopping for the fabric, the backing and the batting. She took me out to lunch. It was a wonderful experience for her and for me. She paid for all of it and I told her it would be ready by Christmas. I cut it, pieced it, quilted it (on my great little Featherweight) and gave her a call. We never discussed the cost of my making it. When she came, she was thrilled and we went to lunch (again she paid). She said she was going to give me $300.00 but I said she was my friend and I wanted her to always be my friend however, I would take $200.00. A friend is a friend and she has done things for me over the years. Now the second. My great niece wants me to make a quilt for her daughter (my great niece) for a regular full bed but want is to be 86" by 97". So I said, "you two come and WE will make a quilt. They stayed with me for a week and they were in town for business in the mornings but from 1:00 - 5:00, we made a quilt. We shopped and picked out the fabric, found the perfect backing, and got the batting. Then we cut the fabric out, they trimmed, pieced, I had three sewing machines set up and they sewed fabric together. They got on the floor and laid out the disappearing 9 patch squares along with the border until they got it all laid out the way that they wanted it. Then, after 5 days, they went back to their state, I am finished getting the batting and backing on and they wanted a leaf quilting on it so I just sent it off to the long-arm quilter (they agreed pay for it). When I get it the binding on, I will post a picture. Two great adventures in quilting.