Old 07-17-2015, 06:19 PM
dublb

Today was a bit on the crazy side.
First Dh woke me but said that he didn't feel well so we didn't exercise. After I got a bunch of my chores done a couple & their DSon came over & bought the 1970 Ford PU. Next our oldest dog got out. We had to get in the Sequoia & go looking for her. It took just a little bit of time but we did find her & brought her home. She loves to go for rides so she just jumped in the truck as soon as we found her.
Since the '70 was gone DH got to work on the '66 Ford PU. He has been working on it for the last few weeks so he really didn't have that much to do. He did know that he also needed a new fuel pump but it seemed to be holding it's own. Anyway he asked me to go w/him to get it inspected. I grabbed my hand quilt & hopped in to go w/him. It didn't take long for the inspection but as we were leaving the truck died. Yes, you guessed it. The fuel pump quit on us. We didn't realize it at first. He did get help to push it back out of the way. After we got some lunch at SubWay (right next door) Dh tried a test & verified that there wasn't any gas getting to the carburetor. He contacted an old friend of his who came & gave us a ride home then he took DH back to the truck w/the fuel pump. They got it installed but it did take a couple of hours. I was worried as the temps are in the triple digits. They did come back to get some tools & cool down when they were about half-way through. I had a hard time doing anything while they were gone. I am so glad that they got it fixed. I did go & get the license sticker for him once it was home. Now we are resting. We warmed up left overs for supper.
I know that DH will get the PU up & running real soon. I have faith in him.