View Single Post
Old 07-17-2015, 09:37 PM
Koriana

Wow, Whitepine...I love the combined rows...I think I may try a paper pieced dogwood flower to alternate with a traditional maple leaf block for my next row...I drafted it myself (simplified from one I saw on pinterest) and it's put together in quarters with each part being 3-1/2 inches...only 10 pieces per section (40 per flower) and I'm planning to use 4 in the row...but if I struggle too much it may be only 2 or even none...but you're paper piecing is so inspiring...I just want to give it a try.
I've made progress on my Ozarks themed quilt...sky (done), water (done), seasonal mountains/hills (pyramid border following Quilter's Cache instructions (roughly, anyway)...finally done. Next, is the maple leaf and dogwood flowers row...then a row of Arkansas Crossroads laid out in a zigzag fashion to represent hiking in the Ozarks (something my daughter-in-law loves and misses now that they're in TX). Then my final row which will combine some curved piecing with hand painting and other embellishments.
I'm auditioning a thin black sashing around the sunset/water...what do you all think? The top is currently about 62" across. I haven't decided if I'm going to add any borders yet but I have been playing with the idea of using cornerstones of Dutchman's Puzzle with some flying geese (with my son in the Air Force...they can end up going in any direction)...so I may use this as a border around the whole quilt or maybe just as another row above the sky.
Anyway, enough rambling...below are a few pictures of where I'm at in my project. Thanks for all the inspiration and encouragement.
Attached Thumbnails ozarks-rbr-3rows-thin-black-sashing-audition.jpg   ozarks-rbr-3rd-row-seasonal-pyramids.jpg   ozarks-rbr-3rd-row-closeup-fall-winter-night.jpg