View Single Post
Old 07-18-2015, 05:17 AM
Honchey

I think if you become a member of her Yahoo group it's in the files.. Quilting on the square also has free tutes for pping and they have a free monthly collection of pping blocks...sign up!

The hardest thing I found with pping when I first started was getting the fabric to lay the correct way after it was flipped..trimming the seam can be tricky if you don't have the paper & fabric underneath out of the way..I have cut off many a corner and had to do that whole section over ...I was too anxious to get it done!!!

Get the book out and sew a couple of the easy blocks just using scraps & see how you do..then you'll see what steps in the process you need to improve..That's the best advice I can give...I'm no expert, I make boo boo's like everyone else and we all help in figuring out what to do to improve... I can remember when the tail end of a seam was always thinner than the rest..it finally dawned on me that my finger was too close to the presser foot and kept the fabric from going against the guide..till today I still have to remember to keep my finger away.. and I still cannot sew a straight line

Last edited by Honchey; 07-18-2015 at 05:26 AM.