View Single Post
Old 07-19-2015, 04:34 AM
romanojg

I have had 4 Vikings, all great machines and made by the same company as Pfaff. Just because they aren't made in Germany anymore doesn't mean they aren't still great machines. Some, not all of Vikings are made over seas, due to it being more cost efficient but Viking will also told you they are still made by Viking and not farmed out to lower rated companies to save money. They still have great warranties, etc.

That being said, I have a Babylock serger. love, love, love it. I was told by my instructor that the biggest difference in Babylock and Brother (I used to think they were one and the same) was that Babylock was the only company that she knew of that worked their machines to death to test them before putting them on the market.

No matter who or how many people you ask you'll get good and bad answers for everything on the market. My advice is try them out, make sure you work with a great seller with great back up support and hopefully will fix your machine on site or at least give you a loner while you wait. But do try before you buy