Thread: A tooth!?
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2015, 06:50 AM
SherylM

Originally Posted by quiltedsunshine View Post
Another one was a vintage Singer with the cork screw vertical shaft. I took the top off and there was mouse poop in there. Cleaned that out, and the cork screw shaft was binding up. When I looked down in there, there was corn and berries that the mouse had stashed.
Last winter I bought a Premier 15 clone and the box was almost filled with a big, fluffy mouse nest. The wiring was also shredded - I think they used it for dental floss. I named the machine Minnie.

I can't decide if I'm fascinated or repulsed by that tooth...

I saw those "Hall of Shame" pics before. I know not everyone has the attachment to their machines that we do, but I've gotta wonder sometimes.

The last time I went to visit my friendly neighborhood OSMG, a lady brought in a machine to have something done to it that turned out to be a quick fix (it took him about two minutes.) It was a vintage Signature and kind of a cool looking machine, but it was absolutely filthy on the outside. I'm guessing it was on the inside too, because OSMG offered to give it a good cleaning for her. Her response? "No...that's OK. I just use it until it doesn't work any more, and then I'll bring it in."

Now I'm wondering what was hiding up inside of HER machine!

Last edited by SherylM; 07-19-2015 at 07:06 AM.