View Single Post
Old 07-19-2015, 03:16 PM
Leann

Hi everyone, a quilt show sounds like a delightful distraction. The last one I went to was probably 5 years ago when we were still in Houston. It also happened to be the same year the Houston Astros went to the World Series and I thought it hysterical at the baseball fans whining that the quilters had all the hotel rooms. We know that most of those rooms were reserved a year in advance - hard to do that with a sports team.

It will be a mixed week for me. My DD is coming for a visit this weekend, tomorrow is DH's birthday, my son wants to come from Austin to see his big sis, DH wants to stay in Austin for their visit. Next week, we have to move my son out of his apartment.

I'd run away from home if I could move better.

Best wishes to finish the month strong and in control. I have been continuing what I started in the hospital - extreme portion control. For DH's bd, I'm gonna grill rib eyes (something only done on birthdays), steam asparagus, and I bought him a carrot cake. I may have a spoon-size bite.

Any one sewing? I'm thinking of making a couple of backpacks for my 3 yr old granddaughters for Christmas from a McCalls pattern, then stuffing it with 'girlie' things. Probably the only thing I will make as a gift this year.