Old 07-23-2015, 04:54 PM
roguequilter

Originally Posted by sval View Post
So the binding is attached but not folded over to the back and hand sewed down: Can I wash it at this stage? It smells so bad I can't have it in my lap to stitch it.
I brought it home from a quilt group to stitch for someone else. I know I'm sensititve to smells, but this thing reeks.
return it to the group. tell them there's something about it that is making your allergies act up. there should be either another smoker in the group, or someone who doesn't mind the stink. i bought a UFO at yard sale years ago, took it apart and washed the unquilted top --gently ..the stench of cigarette smoke was so bad it made me ill. outside at the yard sale it wasn't so bad, in closed house enviornment ...bad!! i almost threw it away. i got the smell out, completed it, quilted it and made 250$ for school fundraiser with it. but for what the smell did to me i wouldn't buy another stinky UFO or anything that stinks of smoke again. and i don't have allergies, no more sensitive to odors that most people, but cigarette smoke kills me