Old 07-23-2015, 05:47 PM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by ThayerRags
Who?

CD in Oklahoma
Uh Bubba and/or Sweet Thang?

Originally Posted by Rodney
Don't beat yourself up. That problem was there a long time and no one else found it before you. You mentioned filed areas trying to increase the clearances to solve the problem that way. It probably helped just enough to make them think they had found and fixed at least most of the problem.
Rodney
It was a fairly aggressive file too. I don't know why it didn't clue me in that the needle was so close to that side all the time. I think perhaps I just got too close to it by that time.

In 3 days of fairly solid fighting, I did NOT bond with that machine at all! Too many things seemed needlessly complex for the sake of... probably patents or avoiding patents? The top tensioner kept snapping my thread as I was trying to thread the machine because of a really bizarre design (and Aurifil thread which is thin to begin with), the pins to "hold" the hook seemed entirely unnecessary and in fact are on most other class 15 type machines (though this is more like a 115 - rotary and all...), the bobbin case is fiddly, and that needlebar hitting the foot if the foot is up when trying to bring the bobbin thread up or checking things like timing made me consider trying to heave it out the window that's at eye height in my studio.

Only the fear of not quite making it and having it come back at me stopped me. I wonder if I would have found it faster if it had been a Singer. Good chance I would have paged through a service manual one page at a time until I found it. As it was, I had 3 Singer service manuals out just for "ideas".