View Single Post
Old 07-26-2015, 08:31 AM
Just Jan

IMHO as a previous business owner, you need to be on the premises yourself or have a manager there. Its not as easy as it seems to find a good, honest manager. If you want a successful business you need to be willing to devote a lot of your own time and effort there. Another thing to consider beside your initial purchase price is maintenance and upkeep expenses as well as payroll. And as others mentioned, restaurants, etc. If someone is not there directing the events there would be no more public appeal than taking your sewing machine to a local hotel. You need to have event planning and activities as well as access to shopping and food. Believe me, to be successful you do not just buy a business, you marry it. It takes a lot of hands on, hard work and time to succeed. Also you should not plan to see any profit the first year. My advice is unless you plan to be completely involved, I would pass on it. But if you want to invest the time, money and work, it might be just what you want. Not trying to encourage or discourage you. Just what I have learned from past business experiences.