View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 05:14 AM
Beachbaby12

Well, it was just about a miracle that my husband wanted to buy me that Featherweight. A really pleasant surprise. The quilt shop wanted $450 for the Featherweight but I got it down to $400, plus tax, of course! I was always looking at them on e-bay and there are all sorts or prices. My Featherweight is in very good condition - no scratches and looks great. It is quite hard to get one on e-bay. There are all sorts of prices depending on the condition of the machine. One of my coworkers got one cheap at a thrift store, around $100, it didn't work and she took the machine to be repaired for another $100 or so. It depends on what you want to do. The thing I liked about buying it from the quilt shop is that I actually got to try and make sure the machine worked, could see it in person, etc. It is all personal preference. Oh, plus you don't have to worry about it getting damaged in shipping. I understand there is a good book out there on the Singer Featherweight too by Susan Johnson-Srebo, which I am seriously thinking of purchasing. Have any of you purchased it yet?