View Single Post
Old 07-28-2015, 07:37 AM
romille

Default Name that appliqué method

[ATTACH=CONFIG]526312[/ATTACH]

This is a Row by Row Experience row from Memories By The Yard in San Antonio, Texas. The picture was found on the Texas Row by Row Facebook page.

I live in NC, but my non-quilting sister lives in Texas and was kind enough to pick this kit up for me. It arrived this morning and I haven't had time to unfold everything and really inspect it yet. But, the instructions seem to consist of a list of what fabrics to use for each piece, and a picture to trace. Hopefully there are some instructions or at least tips hiding in there.

From looking at the photo (this is all I have to go on) it appears that it isn't quilted yet, but the applique has a puffy look to it. Does anyone know how this was achieved? It appears to be needle-turned, hand applique... but is there interfacing? fusible fleece or something?

My applique experience is mostly raw edge, although I did do one needle-turn hand stitched mug rug before. I am not worried about doing the hand stitching on this, but I am concerned about making my turtles and flowers look dimensional like these do.

Thanks!!
Attached Thumbnails 11295721_1583688108553632_5507842578058499761_n.jpg