View Single Post
Old 07-29-2015, 09:26 AM
mckwilter

That is exactly why I got my treadle -- the electricity went off at 5:00 in the afternoon and I didn't have any handwork projects started. I was soooooo frustrated that I found a treadle on eBay that week and had it home by the next Saturday.

I have the first machine I every purchased, a Singer 237 bought in 1971. I was 18 and got the best machine I could afford at that time. I used that machine for 30+ years. It had a straight stitch and a zig zag stitch and I was so happy with it. My dear MIL bought me an off-brand machine in the early 80's that I never really liked or used, but I will never get rid of the 1971 Singer or this machine. I have three Berninas (now that was a wild jump from the 1971 Singer to a 2005 Bernina 440 QE!). I have 4 black, 1 white and 1 tan Singer FWs ranging in age from 1939 to 1964. I also have a 1928 Singer in a wooden case which was given to me by one of my DH's friends, and a Singer 301 which I have given to my daughter (who lives with us, so I still consider it mine LOL). Plus I have two sergers . Grand total 16.

I think I've come to the end of my collecting. I have promised to give one of the black FWs to my sister. However, I am still on the lookout for an affordable Singer FW 222.

Originally Posted by GwynR View Post
Number eight will be a treadle in case the power goes out! That's my story and I am sticking to it!