View Single Post
Old 07-29-2015, 10:22 PM
Bree123

Default Fixing a Border/ShapeCut Ruler

Well, it seems that the ShapeCut Ruler does not work with all rotary cutters. I think that ruler must be designed for 45mm and larger rotary cutter, not my old school 28mm. I don't know. I put on a fresh blade. The video makes it look so simple. I tried it every which way: forward, backward, flipping the fabric. All it did was shred the fabric. Very frustrating.

After probably too many attempts, I gave up & attempted to fix using a standard ruler. But part of one border piece is now a good 1/8" smaller at the end, easing out to the proper size over about 2". Since it will be covered up by the binding anyways, I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for how to fix it without making the border noticeably thicker. I am debating adding on a skinny triangle piece with a 1/4" seam allowance. It would still be hidden in the binding.

Oh, one more thing -- I planned to do a mitered border so that missing fabric is needed even though it will be at the bottom edge of the quilt. Thanks in advance for any suggestions to rescue my niece's quilt!