View Single Post
Old 07-30-2015, 05:22 AM
Judith1005

Hi Deb, I will try to answer all your questions but, I am sure others will also have suggestions as well.

•Postcard must be written on the back of our postcard, is that correct? *Yes, Postcard must be written on the back in a similar way as a store bought Postcard.

•Stamp/s actually goes on the back of our cards? (Do the stamps stay on pretty well or is there a secret to keeping them adhered?) *Stamps do go on the back of a card if you are NOT usuing an envelope. Sometimes, the stamp can fall off. (Anyone have any secrets to that?) Make sure your address and the recipients address are on the card if you are Not using an envelope. Then you at least have a chance of it making it back to you or the recipient.

•Mailing, these are mailed just like a paper postcard, unless we add puffy, glam or other miscellany that won't allow our fabric cards to go through regular sorting. In which case, we put them into an envelope. *Yes, that is correct.

•Postage, I'm thinking each postcard must be weighed to determine postage. Is this where they are hand cancelled? *Yes, please have your postcard weighed. They would hand cancel my postcard at that time. Especially if I was using a clear envelope. (Which does cost more to send. Because it can't go into the machine.)

•Design, do we wait for input from our swappie, or is it makers choice? *It is maker's choice. But, we do have a theme each month. This month is our Feathered Friends. Birds.

•Pens, what do you folks use to write on these postcards with? *I use a scrapbooking pen. It is a 0.5 Pigma Micron Pen. I also use muslin as the back of my postcards. I heat set it with my iron.