Old 07-30-2015, 08:34 PM
TPr9258

The "coloring" is done with good old crayola crayons, then heat set by placing a piece of fabric on top and heat with iron till you start to smell the wax, you do have to be careful not to burn it. The white fabric is left over from our county fair, have been doing it for years nice event, kind of works like this. It is something thát is a three year process, the first year they sell a fat quarter for five dollars, every year different themes, this year was flowers, then you have a year to make a square using thàt fabric following specific rules, the second year they are collected the week before the fair and then they are hung for all to see and vote on their favorite, the winner of that block favorite wins twenty five dollars, then for the third year the squares are assembled into quilts usually two quilts, a wall hanging and then a table topper, they are quilted by the local guilds, then the third year everything is hung and chances are sold, the winners getting the finished project and the money going to either charity or something to do with the fair, ribbons or things like that.

Originally Posted by FabQuilter View Post
Received it Teri Lynn: Thank you, thank you!!!

It's such a cheerful mug rug that I'll use for sure!! Unique sketched and colored-in flower complimenting a modern print fabric. A total surprise package from you! Great combo technique idea. What fabric color pencils did you use? Fantastic flowered shirt Kleenex holder. MEGA CUTE!!! Did you use a pattern-it is adorable love the pearl button. The quilter's safety pins are so welcomed. Delicious snack bar was perfect w my coffee. You just made my day!