View Single Post
Old 07-31-2015, 11:42 AM
Bree123

I am doing this for the first time with the current quilt I am making for my 3 year old niece. She absolutely LOVES quilting stuff. She wants to know about all my quilting tools & notions and how to use them. She wants to know where the different fabrics came from (i.e., where they were printed -- sometimes the selvedge says) and what the names of the thread colors are and so forth. So I've been taking photos as I go along & making notes ... keeping lists of the fabrics and threads that I've used and I plan to put it all together into a little book for her, complete with swatches of the fabrics and threads and descriptions for how I constructed the quilt, step by step.

I probably won't go into as much detail in the future, but I really like doing some documenting. I was inspired by seeing Caryl Bryer Fallert-Gentry's website (http://www.bryerpatch.com/gallery/gallery.htm) where she lists the size, techniques & materials used in each of her quilts and adds information about her design concept & if the quilt was shown anywhere or won any awards. I'm probably a ways away from winning awards, but I hope to start entering my quilts into shows and love the idea of having a record of that somewhere.