View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 08:48 AM
alaskasunshine

Originally Posted by Elisabrat
Truly lovely there isnt it? with a warm cup of something in your hand, peaking out the window its spectacular! I wish I could come back for a visit. Too hard to walk on the snow these days.. and you do get a tiny bit of snow. Oh yeah, Lutak Road was the road in Haines I had a total brain cramp when we chat via PM. Up past the ferry station just before the road crossed the river that entered the inlet. That was where my home was. Grand view, tons of bears and seals and cool cool eagles. Send eagle photos.. (they are the seaguls of Alaska there are SO many). You brought back some nice memories. Thank you!
Hey do you miss the mosquitos? Years ago (1994) I had medical stuff for 2 months in the lower 48 and I missed the eagles terribly so my husband surprised me with a video of a trip he took just for me. I believe he went to Hope :?: When the video arrived I remember just sobbing, that was so sweet of him to do :!: I love watching eagles. Driving through Eagle River early in the morning or in the early evening is eagle feeding time and a breath taking sight...you understand :shock:
I remember on many days seeing the trees covered with eagles. The coolest thing is seeing a fighter jet flying and the eagles perched in the trees....oh yea that is awesome :!: :!: :!: