View Single Post
Old 07-31-2015, 10:57 PM
Jeanette Frantz

I know what you mean. I have many more machines than I would have expected to have, but I, personally, have not purchased any of them. My son secured a couple of Singer T & S Machines and used them to practice on and learn more how to work on that particular model machine, then the shop where he worked had thrown a Baby-Lock Serger into the "discard" room, which would eventually have been trashed, so he ended up with that one as well, as well as a Singer 201, a Singer 185J, a Singer Athena 1200. Then, he purchased (at Good Will Store) a white FW for $50, and a Singer 403A for $41.00; I inherited a National Two Spool from my husband's side of the family, and my Mom's Singer 1425. I still have my Singer 328K that my husband bought me for Christmas of 1963 (the first year we were married), and I would never part with it. In fact, since my son has gifted me with these machines, I really cannot sell or dispose of them! BUT, I don't have room for any more. I won't say there aren't some that I would love to have, but practically speaking, I've nowhere to put them, so I won't get any more, I simply can't! If I were physically able to refurbish them and then dispose of them, that would be another thing, but I'm not, so that's out of the picture, in addition to the fact that I'm 70 now. It wouldn't make very good sense to acquire more stuff for my son to have to dispose of when I'm gone! I really do understand your dilemma, but I really don't have an answer to suggest! I wish you well in whatever you decide you want to do!

Jeanette