Old 08-01-2015, 07:51 AM
yngldy

I use the Crayola markers on most of my quilts, and it works well. IMHO it is the best way to go.

On my last quilt I used the chalkwheel to mark as I was doing grid work, but noticed that my walking foot got very dirty with the dust. Made me wonder if the dust was getting into the foot and if there was any way to blow the dust out. Or does it matter? Hope it didn't mess up the walking foot

quiltingbuddy: I tried the Glad wrap but had marker problems. What kind of marker do you use? I used the washable markers and they beaded. The permanent marker marked but left a few marks after it was stitched into the fabric. I put the wrap on the design, marked it, then placed on quilt. It was dry by then, and I did smooth the wrap onto the fabric without marks on my hands afterwards. Thinking maybe the heat from the needle??

I just bought a package of 3 Frixion pens for $2.50. $4 (Office Depot) and I had a $1.50 coupon, but afraid to use directly on a quilt as the line comes back depending on temp. Don't want to freak someone out that gets one as a gift. Many on this board swear by them. There are other uses for them which is why I bought them, and the price. But I plan on testing them on some fabric.

The best thing to do is pick something and test on sample fabric. See what works best for you.