Thread: I did it!
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2008, 03:02 PM
rb.

Thanks, everyone! I really surprised myself with this. I guess I had myself convinced it would be too hard, but it was so easy (with the book). The book I bought with the instructions on this type of paper piecing, and the compass basics and patterns is Judy Mathieson’s Mariner’s Compass Quilts: Setting a New Course. It’s two of her quilts that my daughters saw and want for their rooms.

Izy, yes, I paper pieced, using freezer paper, and Judy’s slightly different way. Instead of sewing through the paper, you fold it back at the perforated line and sew against the edge of the paper. It’s soooo easy.

Harmony, I absolutely LOOOOVE my new machine. It’s a Husqvarna Sapphire 870 Quilt, with apparently the largest opening without moving into the actual quilting machine. It comes with 183? stitches, with umpteen feet, and a buttonholer that is one touch, all automatic, meaning you set the fabric, and the machine stops when the button hole is done. You don’t do a thing. That’s a good thing ‘cause I can sew clothes like there’s no tomorrow, but can’t do a button hole to save my life. :oops:

I’m glad you all like my colours. I was really limited, as my stash is still quite tiny. My youngest has a better eye for colour, and had to help a bit.

:mrgreen: