View Single Post
Old 08-01-2015, 08:05 AM
quilt938

I wish I had someone close to me who loved old machines..my mom who held onto everything and unfortunately taught me the same whether intended or not had mentioned once that she almost gave one to this young woman she was talking with at a sale but just didn't extend the offer and never ran into her again. she also thought about giving one to my sil then said it'd just sit there(and I asked 'like it is now?!) LOL she saw the humor in the statement too HA!

I really need to get where I can trade some in or sell - there are other machines I want to add to the herd and it makes more sense to part with duplicates(or 8-plicates LOL) than to keep forking over more cash. I enjoy looking a them. my mom had a fondness for the singers and even grabbed some touch and sew/stylists think 2-3 but lots of the old black ones including some models I already had. I've fallen for the same luckily (sucker for a 15 and actually turned one down but keep wishing I hadn't LOL!) but now the clones and the pink atlas and the older kenmores from the 50s..and 2 other kenmores joined the herd last year a pretty 1802 and another in the 1400 series I think not sure on that one..might'vebeen 1803..hmm..had some of the tower of power but dont think it had all. then I added a couple of handcranks (and eye on another at that shop!) and got a good 15-91 and 201 that I know run and thinking about playing with that 201 today or tomorrow wanting to do some placemats and aprons but debating on pulling out the pink atlas and sewing downstairs(that sucker is HEAVY! and it's already downstairs), going upstairs to the handcrank 128?...pulling out the 201 which is upstairs...my 15-90 in the cute cabinet that upstairs in a different room but I fiddled with the tension a while back trying to free motion and afraid I might've messed it up though can fiddle with it again and fix it back...or pulling out one of the featherweights- one a friend just serviced for me and returned at retreat last weekend...too many decisions!