View Single Post
Old 08-01-2015, 01:13 PM
Onebyone
Power Poster

I live in a one way in one way out circle drive and the walk to the end and back is 2 miles. I walk it early in the morning, about 5:30 am and then again in the evening. If I don't have my grands for the day I walk again before I take my afternoon nap. I won't go to bed until I have 10,000 or more steps unless I'm sick or just can't walk due to weather. I lost 30 lbs in three months when I upped my walk by 2 miles more each day. Walking is free and I need the sunshine. I park as far away as I can from any entrance, use stairs, and when I do laundry I fold and take one item at a time to it's proper place. Five folded towels is five trips from laundry room to bath room. My grands are little so we make a game of walking back and forth doing all kinds of things in the house.

I found the perfect pedometer:I like better then the bracelet ones and no computer or phone needed: Omron Alvita Ultimate Pedometer. It has never missed a step or miss counted movement for steps. Keeps a log of the weekly steps, calories, and miles walked. I can set a goal and it keeps track of that too. My Dr doesn't tell me to lose weight anymore, he tells me to not gain any.