View Single Post
Old 08-01-2015, 09:14 PM
Luci177

Originally Posted by sval View Post
What age did you start teaching her to sew? And what did you start with? My 4 yr old grandson likes to sit on my lap and feed the fabric in. Then he takes the pieces and puts them on the design wall.
i gave the oldest one (12) a real Hello Kitty sewing machine by Janome for her eighth birthday. I taped the receipt to the inside of the manual. It has her birthdate on it and, of course, the amount. I wonder if many years from now, she will be amazed at how little it costs, in comparison to future prices. Since it is her own machine, she gets creative and whips up pillows and stuffed animals.
The younger one is more interested in cutting things, including doll hair! Of course, I never did that as a child, wink. The sewing class was great. I think having other girls her age there helped. I showed her the posting and had her read the comments, she loved reading the location of where comments came. All the positive comments were so appreciated and her little eyes were lit up. Thanks to everyone for the kind and generous comments.