Old 08-02-2015, 06:51 AM
grant15clone

Originally Posted by wilburness View Post
Ok, dear QB members, that 'beautiful' lavendar Necchi machine is mine. I could not get it to free up and did not have the knowledge to remove the top gears and look further into the machine. I took it to Grant at Sew Restore and he has posted his results. He put alot of work into this and has it up and runing for me.

I have no idea what you are talking about 'making a part'. can you elaborate on this. is this going to be cost effective to make per part (I have 3 with cracks in them). would this be something that once made, other parts can be made like them? would this benefit the Necchi world of vintage machines? I hear of not buying a Necchi Lola , I think, due to cracking in the cam shaft rendering the machine non-functioning. why has someone not cast one of these parts for the Necchi. this would save alot of machines. or is this not cost effective.

Karen
Hi Karen. Thank you for the kind words. I have some machinist friends that might be able to machine a part out of metal that duplicates the original plastic part, but that would be expensive to do, but it would last forever. It would then have to be welded onto the original metal part of it.
The other method is having a 3-D printer make a plastic copy. This will probably be common in the near future to make parts like this or cam stacks and other obsolete parts (I can't wait). One more method is making a cast of the part out of metal kind of how you would cast a statue. All options are expensive and time consuming at this time. The 3-D printer, once a program is made can make an endless amount of identical parts. The other methods would be more of a "one off" deal.
~G~