Thread: Windows 10
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2015, 09:47 PM
ArchaicArcane

I'm a computer tech and I won't move to Win10 until it's a little more mature. I generally have a rule that if it's made by Microsoft, it has to be in Service Pack 1 before I'll move to it, or recommend it to clients.

I'm also waiting to make sure I have time to try to troubleshoot if some of my legacy software doesn't work. Right now, I'm running some Janome embroidery software that they stopped supporting as of Vista on my Win8.1 machine. I'm reasonably sure that Win10 will be an added challenge.

Originally Posted by linkd View Post
Windows 8 was probably never looked at by anyone over 30 or on any platform that wasn't easily portable.
I'm past 30 and have it on one of my machines...

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
I heard the tech expert to wait until they got the bugs fixed from the program. I am still running XP and loving it.
Please be careful with that machine! Microsoft stopped supporting XP more than a year ago: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/wind...f-support.aspx

This means that any new security problems that have come to light since then have NOT been fixed. You no longer get updates for the machine and it could be very insecure. At the very least, I wouldn't do anything that involves financial transactions on it.