View Single Post
Old 08-03-2015, 05:55 AM
Janette

Default Robert Kaufman pattern problems

I purchased a kit from Craftsy named "Holiday Dash" by Robert Kaufman Fabrics. It's a Xmas quilt. It was listed for a "confident beginner." Looked pretty easy - churn dash squares inside a mitered border. There are 14 fabrics. The cutting instructions for 4 of them were incorrect. The instructions for cutting the outer border couldn't be done at the width instructed. Took me 2 days to figure out how to get close to what I needed. No instructions for the inner border, other than use 9 of the 13 strips cut - nothing about how to join strips, what the measurement of the inner borders should be, etc. No measurement given for the outer border or any instructions for beginning quilters to measure to be sure borders match.

I posted my comments on the "contact the designer" on Craftsy. Got no reply. Noted that others had posted comments, again with no reply. I sent an e-mail to Craftsy direct with my problems. Got an immediate response from them offering me a complete refund. I refused as I had figured out how to make the quilt, so they gave me a discount credited to my account. They also said they had tried to contact the designer. Haven't heard anything from that.

I also sent an e-mail to Robert Kaufman Fabrics direct. I have never received a reply.

So, if you have this pattern, check it over very carefully. I will never buy another pattern from Kaufman.