Old 08-03-2015, 12:05 PM
Cari-in-Oly
Banned

Here's a machine being parted out-
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-brot...item232db4087b

The tension assembly isn't an exact match to what was originally on your machine but it should work. There isn't a connection, per se, between the presser foot lifter and the upper tension assembly. The "hump" on the part of the lifter that's inside the machine pushes against a pin that runs through the center of the tension assembly when the lever is lifted. That pin releases the tension discs. What's on the machine now has a bolt running through it instead.
I don't have any idea about the numbers, letters or symbols cast into machines. Certain ones are known to be from a particular manufacturer, others are just guesses. We really have no way to search out the facts when it comes to Japanese machines. The best we can do is compare known machines to try to figure out the unknown ones.
For the Penncrest machine, I knew by looking at it that it wasn't a Brother machine, and of all the badges I know Brother used(I certainly don't know them all but I know more than 20) I know Penncrest wasn't one of them.

Cari