View Single Post
Old 08-04-2015, 07:25 AM
Judith1005

Originally Posted by Janette View Post
I ordered the kit and the pattern together. My point was that the instructions appear to be incorrect. For example, the instructions say to get the churn dash you sew 2 2-1/2 strips together, then make 1/2 square triangles out of 5" squares. If you do that your squares are 1/4" too large (5" squares should have been 4-7/8"). Same instruction for the small churn dash in the center - also 1/4" off. Another one for the outside border says to fussy-cut 4 8-1/2" strips lengthwise. Matching the pattern exactly you can only get 3 strips, with a lot of waste. I finally partially solved that by cutting one strip 8-1/4" starting at one selvage, then moving to the other selvage and cutting another, then back to the first side, then back to the second. Then I had to reverse the strips to get the lines to match up. Not exactly matches the pattern but good enough. I always use patterns, generally from quilting magazines, so I am not too surprised if one instruction may be off - but not almost every one!
I can honestly say, I would not have been able to figure that out. As my Math skills are not the best. And, I consider myself a confident beginner. Thank you for all your input. Maybe this will help someone else out with this pattern as well.