View Single Post
Old 08-04-2015, 09:52 AM
Snooze2978

When I went to put my house on the market I put all my fabrics into plastic totes for storage. As I lived in Florida we have lots of humidity and possible hurricanes. I didn't realize it would take 3 years to sell the house, move, then find a new house, remodel and finally move in. It was over 4 years before I saw my fabrics again. Had cotton and dress fabrics. The plastic totes kept them from getting wet from storms/hurricanes. My stuff was supposed to have been in an A/C unit at a big name moving company warehouse but from what I saw when I got my stuff back, paper items yellowed as well as plastic items turned yellow, I doubt if the A/C was on at all. My record albums were all warped too. Anyway, I now have 95% of my fabrics folded on comic book boards, cardboard bolts from the fabric stores or ruler folded as I ran out of comic book boards..........most sitting on open shelves, some in closed cabinets but all out of the sun. Have not had any problems with the fabrics. My threads are all on the wall with tea towels over them as there is a window in that room though as its in the basement and the window in halfway below ground level, not much light comes in. I keep a dehumidifier on all the time to keep the moisture down.