View Single Post
Old 08-06-2015, 07:36 AM
Angellight

Originally Posted by maryb119 View Post
People who don't quilt have no idea the amount of time and work and expense that goes into making a quilt. I think sometimes it is not that they don't appreciate it, they just don't understand.
My story has an exception:
A good friend of mine who quilts has a child who requests quilts from her mother. This child did know the time and expense involved, because my friend was VERY good at making sure everyone knew how much she spent on things. I was recovering from foot surgery and decided to make a very cute "bear" quilt for the first child. It was made in pastels since she had not found out the sex of the child that turned out to be a boy. I was at her house one day, and she did indeed use my quilt on the floor for a "play mat". Of course they had 3 big dogs who were all over it too. The next time this person had a baby she got a simple fleece blanket and some clothes.
I truly believe that I have no say in how it is used after I give it, BUT it is hard not to take it personally when you see things used by the animals in the house by someone who knows the time and cost put into something like this.

Happy quilting.
Susan