Old 08-06-2015, 04:56 PM
Dalronix

Originally Posted by Knitette View Post
I was a huge Janome fan until I tried a Pfaff Quilt Expression 4.0 at the Edinburgh Quilt Show. .....!
It's interesting how different we all are. I bought a Pfaff Quilt Expression 4.0 last year to replace my Singer Quantum Stylist 9960 (my first machine) because of all I'd heard about the IDT system. Once the excitement of having a new machine had passed, I really came to dislike the Pfaff. Despite being more than 3 times the price of the Singer, I didn't think the Pfaff was as good. With the IDT, puckering was a big problem and something I rarely experienced on the Singer with just a cheap walking foot. With the Pfaff I always felt I was 'working' to get what I wanted rather than sewing and enjoying it.

Anyway, on a spur of the moment decision at a quilt show last weekend, I bought a Janome 8900QCP Special Edition (has a blue front instead of the grey. Also no need to draw up the bobbin thread which I think you have do on the grey-fronted one). I've already finished my first quilt on it and it seemed so easy compared what I said above about 'working' with the Pfaff.

I've only had it a week but I think I'm going to like the Janome as much as I liked my Singer (in all honesty, I could've saved a lot of money and stuck with the Singer which is a perfectly good machine for quilting. Unfortunately I have the disease of wanting the latest and best I can afford).

I still have my Singer and my Pfaff in case I need 'backup machines'.