View Single Post
Old 08-06-2015, 10:34 PM
greaterexp

Originally Posted by MargeD View Post
Great quilt. I might put a 2" border of white and then a 4-6" border of blue. At least all your planes are flying in the right direction. When my daughter was taking flying lessons, I made her a wall hanging to celebrate her first solo flight. It never occurred to me that with all 4 airplanes facing the middle I was about to crash land all 4 planes. LOL. However, she loves the quilt, and although she never became a pilot, she did get her degree in aviation managements, so she does "play with the planes"; but right now she is still recovering from an automobile accident where she was rear-ended and still has to deal with severe pain in her back and neck; but she's slowly getting better. Having just celebrated their 1st year anniversary in July and having relocated to Sydney, Australia to be with him, makes things a little better for her; but they are both in the aviation field.
I'm so sorry for your daughters difficulties and hope she is doing much better now. Thanks for sharing your story about your quilt, too. I'd love to see that one! I sure keep checking as I go and hope I'll get it all done without too many more mistakes!