View Single Post
Old 08-09-2015, 04:49 AM
luvstoquilt

I know that monster very well! I get on the organizing bandwagon every few months. I decided to finish all UNOs in 2014 and I did it! Then I made kits of quilts I wantEd to make and I made them! I was thrilled and decided I really had control! 2015 came and I had 5 quilts to make for family members and I put several more kits in the "kit basket". I have made 4 of the gifts and the 5th is cut out. Only a few of the kits have been done and the pile of fabric I was going to donate is slowly working its way back into my stash. I can't go in a fabric store and come out empty handed so on it goes. I am trying to use fabric left overs on the backs of quilts and that cuts down on my scrap pile. What I can't use I cut into strips or I make "piano keys" or "prairie points". I am doing the 6 part quilt in McCalls and have to get part 5 done. Part 6 is just assembling it. It has been fun and I used only stash fabric. I can't finish all of my fabric in my lifetime and I will continue to shop. I could say it is hopeless but prefer to say I love fabric and every time I reorganize it I find treasures. It is my own personal party!