View Single Post
Old 08-10-2015, 06:50 AM
ladydukes

In my sewing room closet, I have five 74" x 48" x18" shelving units and two 72" x 36" x 14" shelving units. When I painted and re-arranged my closet, I placed all of the units "grocery store style" (in rows) rather than against the back wall of the closet. I purchased one extra of the 74" x 48" x 18" shelving units to harvest the shelves so that I could store fabrics that I folded onto comic boards. Instead of folding fabric on the long side of the comic boards, I folded it on the short side. That way, with the additional shelves, I can utilize both sides of the shelves. I used almost all of the 500 of the comic boards that I purchased. I like to see what I have rather than dig in bins. Luckily, I have the room to do it this way. I was always buying more fabric because I could not remember what I had stored in bins.

I also installed casters on all of the shelving units so they are easier to move. I got the larger shelving units from Home Depot and the smaller units online. Each shelf can hold 300 pounds so I don't have to worry about them breaking or bending.

Last edited by ladydukes; 08-10-2015 at 06:52 AM.