Thread: church window
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2015, 09:00 AM
fatsewcat

Originally Posted by givio View Post
By the look of your picture (the 'avatar' little personal picture on posts), you are very capable and have had practice with applique. Batiks are such a nice choice for this project! Have fun!
I do have some experience with applique, the koi pond quilt I did a few years ago was my first real large adventure in hand applique and it taught me a lot . . . but my avitar picture is actually a card (or a FQ card, as I call it) that I drew during a swap. When I joined FQ swaps, I would draw up then cut out areas of the card for the fabric to show through. I thought it was a fun way to present them with their new FQ. In this particular case, this partner wanted 30's prints and that is what the "pot" is. This is one of my cards that I would like to turn into a quilt some day. I just love how the little tree came out.

The batiks in the window quilt were fun to pick out, my hubby even went with me and helped. Some of them have designs in them to add a little texture to the final project. Most, however, are a marbled print.