View Single Post
Old 08-12-2015, 07:08 PM
fatsewcat

Originally Posted by DOTTYMO View Post
Are you doing needle turn applique.? How are you doing the background?

Such chi an inspiring and beautiful project, it is stimulating my creative juices for the first time in8 months.
Originally Posted by DOTTYMO View Post
Are you doing needle turn applique.? How are you doing the background?

Such chi an inspiring and beautiful project, it is stimulating my creative juices for the first time in8 months.

That makes me happy to hear that this project has given you a little inspiration after 8 months. Quilters block is no fun.

Yes this entire project at this point is needle turn appliqué, I am working from the inside out on every aspect of it. And the background will be as well because of the shape. Since I will only have to go around the outside of the panes to do the background layers, I think those will actually go pretty quickly. I say layers because there will be two, one will be a medium to dark brown to look like the window frame and a soft blue to look like the wall and allow me finish the quilt into a rectangle.

I just haven't figured out yet how I'm going to quilt it once it's all together. I originally was going to have the lead lines double as the quilting process but have realized with all the layering and the process I am using for the lead lines it wasn't going to be possible since I need the light box to help line things up. See update #3 for the sneak peek of that process.