View Single Post
Old 08-13-2015, 12:24 PM
barnbum

I bought a machine today! Janome 8200QC. New. Fantastic price. I went in looking for a 6300, 6500, or 6600. But he said this machine is on special because slight changes were made to it so Janome sells the ones before the change; the change is nothing big at all. Love the man who I worked with. He's an older gentleman with a wealth of information on sewing machines. We had some enlightening conversations. It's a little over an hour away--beautiful drive.

I asked him about basting spray. He said he'd be careful--use a good kind (he didn't know what a good one was) and cleaning with alcohol after is okay. He said to clean the bobbin case and thread cutter. (I can't believe a machine cuts thread! I've never sewn without a leader and ender to keep from the needle unthreading or a jam happening.)

I asked him about thread preferences. He loves Dual Duty thread! He didn't think Gutermann was the best based on folks who called in with troubles were often using it. Huh. I have to use up my Gutermann for sure, but will consider a switch. That can be the next investigation. lol

I haven't heard from the folks fixing my machine. The gentleman today thought it was a very sad story--and thinks the machine is a lemon for sure. He was very disappointed no one has been able to fix it.