View Single Post
Old 08-13-2015, 12:31 PM
chellebell1689

Default Hi! New quilter!

Hello,
I'm new to quilting and started mainly because my mom passed away in Dec and my Grandmother the yr before. My sister and I want to take their clothes and make quilts out of them for her kids (and of course us). We also want to make matching pillow cases that I will cross stitch a special message for each on one side. The pillow case shouldn't be too hard, I'm just going to buy some white ones and stitch to one side. I've always wanted to try quilting; I know some sewing, crocheting, cross-stitch and I know how to knit with one of those loom things they sell for teens/kids. I thought I'd find a good forum to join so if I have questions I have a good place to start for help.

I'm 26 and served in the AF for 6 yrs before deciding I missed home too much. I've been married for 6 yrs (as of July 2015). We met in tech school; he's from FL and I'm from TX (big difference). We now live in my hometown, where he's slowly becoming Texan. We have two dogs and two cats. My husband and I are big gamers (video games that is) and I'm currently working on an AAS in Gaming. Well, that's a little bit about me.