Thread: Sewing Machinea
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2015, 07:13 AM
marcycn

Location: Inverness, Florida Lived in states MA (born/graduated) RI (twice) CA (3 times) MO (3 times) KY VA
Default Sewing Machinea

I have two machines. An older Elna 2005 and a newer Singer Confidence quilter 7469.

The Elna wasn't sewing right - probably needs a professional tune up - and I didn't have a 1/4" foot when I started quilting. I since have bought one. It also doesn't have a table to make the surface flatter/wider to hold the material so I can sew. It has 15 special stitches built in.

The Singer has a wide throat to hold a rolled up quilt if I ever figure out how to machine quilt and lots of special stitches built in, which I have only used a couple of since buying the machine. BUT it doesn't do a long straight stitch (unless I don't know what I'm doing) and that is frustrating especially when I have to do some ripping. I have the slider way over to the longest setting but it doesn't seem to matter.

I don't have a lot of money to spend but would like a machine that incorporates both the long stitch and the table. I don't have anyone who can build a table for me so I can sink the machine. :-(

Any suggestions? Tops I could go is $400 and that's a stretch. :-(