Thread: Sewing Machinea
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2015, 01:09 PM
mermaid

When I bought my first Elna--CARINA--it was a duplex, meaning it could be mounted in a sewing table or remain in machine luggage case. I bought an oak kneehole desk--you know the kind with 3 drawers on ea side and one in the center? Then I called a cabinet making shop (local), told him what I wanted, and he came to my house with tools. He measured and cut a hole in the desktop, with a lip for the machine to rest on. He was able to trim down the back of the center drawer so that I could slide it open without the machine undercarriage interfering. I have now been using that desk since about 1983--thru several machines. I still use it for my sewing table after my hubby cut a wood filler for the hole, to set my embroidery machine on. So you can make a sewing table out of many pieces of furn--ck out thrift stores. Our Goodwill store almost always has sewing tables. As to the Singer--I have never owned one, so the only comment I would make is to perhaps adjust the top tension when you lengthen the stitch. The stitch length should be adjustable.

Last edited by mermaid; 08-14-2015 at 01:13 PM.