View Single Post
Old 08-15-2015, 12:44 PM
Farm Quilter

I use both. I've bought some from Superior Threads and use them when I have the color I want (they have an extensive selection of BottomLine prewounds, but I would go broke buying them all) and I have lots of BottomLine cones that I wind myself. My Innova came with a stand-alone bobbin winder and works very well. I use Superior Threads almost exclusively with my Innova - King Tut, So Fine, BottomLine, Razzle Dazzle, metallic, Glitter, Halo, Lava, silk, Nite Lite, Rainbow - all work beautifully. YLI and Signature work as well, but are super linty. King Tut is cotton and has more lint then the poly threads, but no where near as much as the other cottons I've tried. I had 3 days of lessons that came when I bought my longarm - mostly to learn how to use it, I've gone to many classes over the years, but craftsy classes are fabulous and I don't have the expense of travel and I can go back and "take" the class as many times as I want! I also have many books on longarm quilting...great for ideas to keep my quilting fresh, new and interesting to me!! It is so much fun to quilt when you have a quality machine!! One important thing to make sure you get with your longarm is free 24/7/265 tech support...really important to be able to get help on the phone whenever you need it (it generally isn't M-F, 8-5!).