View Single Post
Old 08-16-2015, 04:10 AM
romanojg

Originally Posted by yngldy View Post
There is a windows 10 symbol on the lower left icon bar, near the date. It was on my computer when I bought it last year. Has anyone used that for the link?
I got it too do the free upgrade from 7/8.1 to 10. You do have make sure no matter what one you have it has to have all of the latest updates and service packs. It automatically downloads your updates at the end of July but you have a year to install it. I haven't up grated yet, I'm waiting to make sure I have all of the updates and do a backup of laptop. I also want to set the restore points so that if I have any issues I can just go back to the previous restore point instead of installing 8.1 again. I have one laptop with 8.1 and one with 7, 7 I like but not so much on 8.1.

Not all programs are going to be compatible with 10 yet because its so new. We have lots of vender programs we use at the hospitals and the companies aren't setup for 10 yet. We are cautioning staff who have personal laptops not to upgrade or they won't be able to access via out web. This is for their personal pc's that they don't use for work, our companies laptops that we assign to users are set up not to allow any changes.

I want to download it onto my 7 but it'll be the last one I upgrade. I only want to do the free download while its free but will wait to install it until I feel like its doing well. I like 7 but not so much 8.1 so when I do upgrade, it'll be the first one to get it. You can also set up your software to run as if running on a different version of system, like 7 verses 8, this sometimes will work depending on the software.

No matter what you do, do a backup and set your restore point so that if any problems come up you can go back to the way you pc was before the upgrade