View Single Post
Old 08-16-2015, 10:21 AM
sparkys_mom

Originally Posted by kayluvs2quilt View Post
I am currently reading the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon (sp?)....up to book six.
I love that series. I've read most but also have listened to some on audio and that is very enjoyable, as well.

I like just about everything that I've seen mentioned here but there are some I'm not familiar with so I'll need to check into those.

Love the Ken Follett books. Edward Rutherford is another favorite of mine. He wrote Sarum, London, New York, and a bunch of others I haven't gotten to yet.

Phillipa Gregory is a great author if you enjoy historical fiction about the royalty of England.

Two other female authors that I really like a lot are Rosamund Pilcher (The Shell Seekers) and Ann Rivers Siddon.

For just a pleasant 'summer read' I like Elin Hillderbrand. I think she has a new book and I have to find out what it is.

We just read Ashley's War for my book group. That was not fiction and was very eye opening.

I usually have something by Dorothea Benton Frank on CD in the car. Her books always make we want to visit South Carolina.

Those are pretty much off the top of my head but, honestly, I'd read the phone book in a pinch.

Last edited by sparkys_mom; 08-16-2015 at 10:36 AM.