View Single Post
Old 08-18-2015, 09:24 AM
meanmom

Pam there is a Whole 30 website that explains the rules. My friend has been on it for several months. SHe says she feels better than she has in years and no longer takes her arthritis meds. Her blood pressure is down and her DH and her have both lost weight. She says once you get used to it , it isn't hard to follow. she has learned to order in restaurants too. Some of the books are available at the library although you can follow it without the book. I started it but didn't complete it. I need to get back to it.
I have been exercising more this month. I really enjoy bike riding and am not sure how I will get it in once school starts on Monday. I have been averaging about 60 miles a week since mid July. I have also been doing some walking but find it not as fun. My DH says I should ride my bike to school, it is a lot of uphill riding and there isn't a shower at school. That would be gross. There must be a muscle group in my legs I'm not working as hills and stairs are still a little bit off for me. I am trying to do more of both. I am so not ready for school to start and i have been off since April 27th. I seems like it was such a short summer.
My DD called on Saturday. Her boyfriend is living with us right now as he starts a new job tomorrow here in town. He is looking for an apartment. She is living in Tallahassee Fl and doesn't really like the area. SHe will be moving back here to get a job at the end of September. I will be glad to have all of my kids back in the area for the first time in years.