Old 08-18-2015, 10:05 AM
benjaminh

Default Singer 115 dissasembly and reassembly help

Hi everyone,

I was working on disassembling my new singer 115 sewing machine so I could clean some parts in the head. I took off the faceplate and removed the screw from the needle “crank”. A nut fell into the machine that I took out, but can't for the life of me figure out how to get it back in. I believe it fell out from a slot where the screw for the needle bar protrudes.

To replace it I attempted to remove the presser bar; I removed the screw on the presser bar clamp but can't loosen the preser bar clamp itself. I tried Break Free. Any suggestions?

While attempting to loosen that, another of the exact same nut, fell out of the machine; any ideas where that could have come from?

Here are some pictures; I'm afraid I didn't do a very good job of explaining.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]528114[/ATTACH]
This is the whole area
[ATTACH=CONFIG]528115[/ATTACH]
This is the "crank"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]528116[/ATTACH]
I don't know if you can see it, but behind the "crank" there is a slot; the screw from the "crank" protrudes into it, and the nut would fit into the slot;
[ATTACH=CONFIG]528117[/ATTACH]
These are the two problem nuts.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]528118[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]528118[/ATTACH]
This is the "presser bar clamp";

So, do any of you have an idea where the second nut would go, or how to get the "presser bar clamp" off?

Thanks,
Benjamin
Attached Thumbnails img_0037.jpg   img_0039.jpg   img_0043.jpg   img_0047.jpg   img_0045.jpg