View Single Post
Old 08-18-2015, 06:24 PM
Mornigstar

Thumbs up End of the story -Kenmore 9411

Few weeks ago I wrote about a problem with this Kenmore 9411 . First it was screwed to the cabinet and model number was on bottom. It would sew a straight stitch but not the zig zag patterns. Unfortunately it looked like it was never used and I fell in love with this 1976 machine because I thought it would be good to leave at hall for my charity sewing . As is I have to take a machine weekly. followed suggestions from here and after many calls for help took it to repairman.
He thought as I did that the top button was frozen and after many oilings gave it back to me because still not working. Well I re oiled and kept moving button. Finally today got it to do zig zag even though it is not on the correct pattern picture. Don't know if top button moves beyond # 4. as manual is online

Considering the repairman said to scrap it and he didn't even want it for parts I feel lucky. I took it back because of the accessory pkg. The big thing is now the needle shaft will move to left then right when before it only went straight down. I always thought it was frozen / seized and just needed freeing. Apparently man used lots of oil and I used lots of tri flow before I took it to him. glad I was on right track and nothing was broken --all metal.

Special thanks to all who helped especially Little Dream Devil and Kenmore Gal 2 as they kept writing and we became friendly over this machine. Had sent pics at first post.