View Single Post
Old 08-18-2015, 07:43 PM
mamagrande

Default The joke is on me

Well my FW was working very well and I stopped to run an errand. When I came back I realized I had not cleaned or oiled my (Frances) for some time.

So I got out my oil, tools and cleaning supplies and got to work.. I put every thing back and was ready to test and be sure that I got all the oil.. She wouldn't sew and I rethreaded an checked every thing again. After several hours I decided to take her to a friend that works on machines and has about 200 of them.

He called me and said that I would have to take her to a professional, so I picked her up and brought her home.

I noticed a small burr on the needle and decided to changed it, when I was putting in the needle I was holding it with the scarf on the back then I realized the scarf goes to the left on this machine and you thread it from the inside out...lol..ha ha...

I had the needle in wrong, I didn't notice and my friend did not notice neither... Now my question should I tell him what was wrong with the machine, because he is supposed to be kind of knowledgeable on all sewing machines and I don't want him to feel bad... Maybe I will just wait until he asked me about it.