View Single Post
Old 08-19-2015, 02:26 AM
DebbieJJ

Originally Posted by HelenAnn View Post
Its been hard to stay in the house this summer. We have been having great weather and the gardens need attention. Prices do seem high, but then I hate to take on projects in the summer that would keep me indoors.
I got a new pup so will be spending a bit of time training him to be a good house mate and hunter.
Lost my little sister to a really weird viral infection a couple weeks ago. She thought she had Mono (at 53) infection went into her heart and she died before docs caught it.
HelenAnn, I'm so sorry about your sister....I can't imagine losing a sibling. I'm the eldest of 4, and we are all close.
My dad had the summer flu about 3 yrs. ago and it went to his heart. He was blessed in that, he developed A-fib and the blood clots that developed went downward and hit one of his kidneys and the spleen....the dr. said he'd never seen it go downward before. Usually it would go to the heart and cause a fatal heart attack or go to the brain and cause a fatal stroke. They prepared him for surgery, but the dr. found a small trickle of blood flow thru his affected organs and decided to give him blood thinners, and God did the rest. Today my dad is 78 yrs. old and very healthy!

Edited to add: Just wanted to add that I haven't done too much sewing this summer either. I'm just not in the mood to sew or do much of anything right now! I don't like being like this, but in my defense, I'm scheduled for shoulder surgery in 2 days time. I think it's the being in pain that's keeping me from doing too much.

My apologies to Mrs. SewnSew for hijacking this thread. I really didn't mean to.

Last edited by DebbieJJ; 08-19-2015 at 02:32 AM. Reason: Apologize for hijacking thread